Performance and 0-60mph time
It comes as little surprise to find out the Evoque is more of a cruiser than 0-62mph sprinter. This, combined with the Evoque’s substantial weight figure, makes no version fast. Lesser-powered D150 models don’t even break the 10.0sec barrier, with the D150 automatic taking 11.2sec to reach 62mph. The more potent D240, thanks in no part to its use of two turbochargers, brings this down to 7.7sec, although this is still hardly inspiring pace.
Subscribe to evo magazine
Petrols feel no faster, thanks to their appetite for revs and an awkward transmission calibration. The flagship P300 has an on-paper time of 6.6sec, but it doesn’t feel that fast, straining and lurching as the transmission hurriedly shuffles ratios to find the fairly narrow powerband high up in the rev range.
In This Review
- 12019 Range Rover Evoque review – the baby Range Rover reimagined
- 22019 Range Rover Evoque review - Performance and 0-62 time - currently reading
- 32019 Range Rover Evoque review – engine and gearbox
- 42019 Range Rover Evoque review – ride and handling
- 52019 Range Rover Evoque review – MPG and running costs
- 62019 Range Rover Evoque review – interior and tech
- 72019 Range Rover Evoque review – design