Castle Combe Track Days - Circuit History
Privately owned since the mid-seventies, Castle Combe continues to improve and be popular with competitors and spectactors
Opened in the summer of 1950, Castle Combe is just 18 months younger than Silverstone and until 1999 the layout remained unchanged. In that year two chicanes were added as speeds were incredible high (average lap speeds had topped 130mph), while run-off was very limited. Those chicanes were well designed and the circuit still retains much of that original character.
Owned privately by the same team since 1976 the circuit has continued to flourish and despite lacking luxuries such as pit garages and gravel traps it continues to be a venue enjoyed by trackday drivers and club racers alike.