MPG and Running Costs
Volkswagen promises 40.4mpg on the combined cycle for the Golf R Estate, which is definitely impressive. Real world figures are closer to 35mpg with things dropping into the late 20s when driving the car hard.
Running costs aren’t going to be far off a standard Golf Estate, although you do need to factor in budget for more expensive tyres.
Subscribe to evo magazine
Volkswagen offers a 3 year up to 60,000 mile warranty on its cars. Those who want to extend it can opt for an extended warranty at point of sale up to five years or 90,000 miles.
In This Review
- 1Volkswagen Golf R Estate review - Ultimate Golf gets more practical
- 2Volkswagen Golf R Estate performance and 0-60mph time
- 3Volkswagen Golf R Estate engine and transmission
- 4Volkswagen Golf R Estate ride and handling
- 5Volkswagen Golf R Estate MPG and running costs - currently reading
- 6Volkswagen Golf R Estate prices, specs and rivals
- 7Volkswagen Golf R Estate interior and tech