2019 Jaguar XE SV Project 8 review – interior and tech
Jaguar's XE SV Project 8 takes a rather extreme approach to the supersaloon recipe than most, but has an equally extreme price tag to match
The Project 8’s interior ambience changes somewhat depending on whether you opt for the Track Pack or not. If you do, then the rear bench makes way for a roll-cage, and the standard reclining buckets are replaced with fixed-back items with four-point harnesses.
This does seem slightly incongruous when staring at you from the other direction is a near-standard interpretation of the regular Jaguar XE dashboard. In common with some of Jaguar’s other high-end performance models, this does breed an environment that doesn’t quite match up with the price tag, though objectively and in isolation the XE’s cabin is perfectly reasonable.
One welcome touch is the Alcantara steering wheel rim, while Jaguar’s infotainment system is improving all the time, and the digital instrument cluster ahead of you is clear enough for quick driving. Minor controls are sensibly arranged and physical buttons still handle the heating and ventilation.
In this review
- 1Jaguar XE SV Project 8 review
- 22019 Jaguar XE SV Project 8 review – engine, transmission and technical details
- 32019 Jaguar XE SV Project 8 review – performance and 0-60 time
- 42019 Jaguar XE SV Project 8 review – ride and handling
- 52019 Jaguar XE SV Project 8 review – MPG and running costs
- 62019 Jaguar XE SV Project 8 review – interior and tech - currently reading
- 72019 Jaguar XE SV Project 8 review – design